Current:Home > reviewsPredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center:John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -GrowthProspect
PredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center:John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-07 03:39:08
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,PredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (43261)
Related
- Jorge Ramos reveals his final day with 'Noticiero Univision': 'It's been quite a ride'
- The EU loses about a million workers per year due to aging. Migration official urges legal options
- Elderly man with cane arrested after Florida police say he robbed a bank with a knife
- Trump to return to federal court as judges hear arguments on whether he is immune from prosecution
- Rams vs. 49ers highlights: LA wins rainy defensive struggle in key divisional game
- Idris Elba calls for tougher action on knife crime after a spate of teen killings in Britain
- 49ers at Dolphins, Bills at Ravens headline unveiled 2024 NFL schedule of opponents
- Five companies agree to pay $7.2 million for polluting two Ohio creeks
- Hackers hit Rhode Island benefits system in major cyberattack. Personal data could be released soon
- Headless, drained of blood and missing thumbs, cold case victim ID'd after nearly 13 years
Ranking
- Person accused of accosting Rep. Nancy Mace at Capitol pleads not guilty to assault charge
- 25 killed and 6 injured in collision between minibus and truck in Brazil’s northeast
- These are the top 3 Dow Jones stocks to own in 2024, according to Wall Street
- Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald among 19 players, 3 coaches voted into College Football HOF
- Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
- These are the top 3 Dow Jones stocks to own in 2024, according to Wall Street
- Guatemala’s president-elect announces his Cabinet ahead of swearing-in
- Trump seeks dismissal of Georgia criminal case, citing immunity and double jeopardy
Recommendation
$73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
Shocking TV series 'Hoarders' is back. But now we know more about mental health.
Jury selection to begin in trial of man who fatally shot Kaylin Gillis in his driveway
A notorious Ecuadorian gang leader vanishes from prison and authorities investigate if he escaped
Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
Julianne Moore and Natalie Portman Respond to Vili Fualaau's May December Criticism
Horoscopes Today, January 8, 2024
Biden isn't considering firing Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, White House official says